Councils & Public Authorities
Operating and maintaining landfill facilities is a costly and contentious issue for most local government authorities, so too is
the high cost of fuelling fleet vehicles, machinery and equipment. CDP Waste2Energy technology provides solutions that bridge
economic and environmental priorities by diverting the thousands of tonnes of waste collected daily away from landfills and
into high grade synthetic diesel.
For local governments, the benefits are considerable:
- The ability to finally develop and implement a practical, low cost and effective waste strategy that results in significantly
less waste to landfill and is supported by the entire community
- Reducing costs and freeing up resources that would otherwise be consumed in sourcing, purchasing and managing large parcels
of land for solid waste treatment; plus a reduction costs to manage the external impacts of odour, dust, noise, vermin
and other negative health impacts, on the community
- A conversion process that is cost effective and produces diesel at a significantly lower cost per litre than prices paid at
- Production of higher grade quality diesel supplies that exceed national and international standards (including the AS3570 automotive
diesel fuel standard and EN590 European Committee standard), for fuelling vehicle fleets and equipment. Higher quality
fuel means vehicles and equipment are more efficient in that they will go further (less fuel consumption), mechanically
incur less wear and tear (reducing servicing costs) and are cleaner (produce fewer carbon emissions).
- CDP Waste2Energy solutions can be tailored to suit specific needs, including in relation to the volume of waste and diesel
Increasing populations and growing cost of treating effluent raises both economic and environmental concerns. CDP Waste2Energy
partnerships with water authorities and water corporations can deliver wastewater and waste recovery services solutions that
transform processes and eliminate expenditure associated with: biosolid removal, offset fuel and energy costs. Partnerships
introduce an option for creating income streams from the sale of high grade diesel and electricity.
CDP Waste2Energy technology helps local governments, and other waste, water and sewerage management service providers to address
the increasing financial, environmental and community pressure associated with landfill sites and fluctuating fuel prices.